During an import via the Import Email tool, contacts and calendars are not imported. You could however refer to this page for steps to import your contacts from inside webmail.
Recommended prerequisites to the actual import:
- Create/purchase a Neo Mail account(s)
- Change the DNS records to Neo. Check DNS settings as per the registrar or follow the general instructions, click here
- Check the existing storage quota used at the remote source mailbox and see if it is lesser than the Neo mailbox available quota. You might need to upgrade your plan, Buy Additional storage, or delete unwanted emails at the remote source mailbox
- Find out the remote IMAP server hostname and keep the source email address and password handy
Once the prerequisites are met, we can proceed to the actual import process.
- Open the Neo Admin panel
- Go to the Import email data tab
- Click on the Import a mailbox button
- You need to enter the following details in the Remote IMAP details modal:
- IMAP Host/IP Address (e.g., imap.secureserver.net)
- IMAP Port (e.g., 993)
- Source Server requires SSL (e.g, Yes)
- Source email (your existing email address e.g., email@example.com)
- Source Email Password (your email password)
- Neo Email (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alternate Email address to receive notifications
- Once you enter the details, click on Begin Import
That's it! Your email import gets queued up and processed subsequently.
1. While the migration process is on, you can process more email accounts to the import queue
4. Only domain admins can import email data into Neo from Neo Admin Panel
Hope this article was helpful to you and if you still need any further assistance with the setup, drop us an email at email@example.com