Looking to move your emails from your Google Workspace/Gmail account to Neo? This definitely can be achieved! Follow the steps mentioned below to do so.
|If you are using an ESP other than Google that supports IMAP then you can import emails directly to Neo through instructions shared in this article
Taking Email backup from Google Account
1. Navigate to your email data by opening Manage your Google account > Data & Personalization > Download your data
2. Deselect all the options and select the option of Mail if you wish to extract email data only and click on the Next step.
3. Based on your preferences, set the backup file's properties here
4. Click on the Download button. Type in the password for your Google account when prompted. After verification, click on the Download button again and your email data of MBOX format will get downloaded in a ZIP file
5. Once you have downloaded the email backup from your Google account, simply extract the MBOX file to the preferred folder on your machine
Migrating Email data to Neo account
For adding this email data to your Neo account, you will need to set up your Neo account on a third-party client with IMAP configuration. As the email data extracted from Google Workspace is of MBOX format, it will be easier to set up your account on clients like Mozilla Thunderbird or Apple Mail.
|Please make a copy of the email backup file so that if any file corruption occurs during the migration of email data, you have a data backup with you.
You can follow the steps mentioned in the below articles to know how to set up accounts on these clients:
Once your Neo account is set up on the third-party client, please follow the instructions shared below
1. Navigate to the Addons option in the sidebar and add ImportExportTools NG Addon to your Thunderbird client
2. Once added, please restart the client by clicking on the Exit button in sidebar and then relaunch the client
2. Navigate to Local Folders and right-click on it. Select the option of ImportExportTools NG > Import mbox file > OK
3. Once the MBOX file is added to the client, simply drag & drop it to the inbox folder of your Neo account. It can take a little while for folder to get migrated
4. This new folder will be added to your Neo mailbox's Inbox folder
1. Lunch Apple Mail and Click on File
2. Click on Import Mailboxes... (this would open a pop-up). Select the option that states Files in mbox format
3. Click on Continue. Now browse and select the MBOX file from your Mac.
4. Please wait for the import to complete. Once done, emails would be available under the Import section
That's it! Your email data would get migrated to the Neo account now. For any assistance with the above, feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help you!