Neo lets you create custom rules to determine how specific emails should be treated based on certain criteria. With this, you can redirect emails to specific folders, mark them as read, or star them for importance.
You can create rules in 2 ways:
- From within an open email thread :
You can create quick rules from within an open email to determine the action to be taken for all similar existing and future emails. Creating rules from within an open email prefills crucial information such as Rule name, From, Sent to, and Subject based on the chosen email. All you need to do is specify the action to be taken on such emails.
- From within Settings :
You can also create rules by clicking on Settings (gear icon) > Preferences > Rules. When creating a rule from within Preferences, here's what you need to specify:
1. Set the condition
Select conditions to identify emails that need to be treated in a specific manner.
- You can set conditions based on criteria such as from email, sent to email, cc to me, subject includes, etc.
- You can also set a combination of conditions, eg: from emailandhas an attachment.
- Set the action
Once you have set the condition, you need to determine the action that needs to be taken for emails that satisfy the conditions.
- You can choose the emails to be moved to other folders such as Spam/Archive/Trash, mark them as read, or star them. You can even move your emails to custom created folders.
- You can also choose to apply the rule to existing emails.
Once a rule is created, it is possible to edit it in the future.
If you have any queries or face any difficulties, please feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we shall be happy to help!