You can use Conditional Forwarding to forward your incoming Neo emails as per conditions defined by you. As the incoming emails meet these conditions, they’ll be forwarded out to the specified email address.
Ways to set up conditional forwarding:
- From the overflow menu inside an open email thread.
- From within Settings :
You can also create rules by clicking on Settings (gear icon) > Preferences > Rules. When creating a rule from within Preferences, here's what you need to specify:
a. Choose the condition(s)
Select conditions to identify emails that need to be treated in a specific manner.
- You can set conditions based on criteria such as from email, sent to email, cc to me, subject includes, etc.
- You can also set a combination of conditions, eg: from email and has an attachment.
b. Set the action(s)
Once you have set the condition, you need to determine the action that needs to be taken for emails that satisfy the conditions.
- You need to choose the Forward to option and then fill the email addresses to which the emails matching the above set conditions should be forwarded to.
- After clicking on Create rule, a security code will be sent to your email address which you need to enter in the pop-up window to complete the setup.
|alert-success||You can add only one external email address (outside your email domain) and up to 10 internal email addresses (part of your email domain) in a single conditional forwarding rule.|
Once a rule is created, it is possible to edit it in the future.
If you want to forward all your incoming emails, and not specific ones based on rules, to an external email address you can use the Forwarding functionality under Preferences.
If you have any queries, you can reach out to us at email@example.com .